Catalina Vlad, MS, RD, LD
- Registered Dietitian
- Nutrition Education Specialist
- Staff Dietitian, 2bwell Clinic
Catalina Vlad found dietetics by investigating a means to placate her interest in science and her love of food. Catalina began her educational endeavor in nutrition by completing a Bachelors degree in Nutrition and Food Management with an option in Dietetics from Oregon State University (Corvallis, Oregon). Wanting to seek specialization in the field, she also received a Masters degree in Family Consumer Sciences with an option in Dietetics from Eastern Illinois University (Charleston, Illinois), where she received certification as a Nutrition Education Specialist.
With her specialization, Catalina has developed and implemented several nutrition programs and workshops that have helped participants change their lives by developing healthy lifelong habits. In addition to nutrition programs, she also does nutrition consultation for various health conditions and is trained to manage food service operations. Catalina's professional philosophy focuses on providing the proper tools for patients to achieve health through nutrition while allowing them to develop the self-efficacy to promote positive change for a lifetime. It is her passion to help people.
Some professional highlights include:
- Planned, organized and implemented theme meals for cafeteria patrons, utilizing the support of food service staff.
- Assessed and managed nutrition care using the Nutrition Care Process for inpatients and outpatients in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams.
- Designed and implemented workshops on various nutrition topics for the community at large, particularly special-needs populations such as the hearing and visually impaired.
- Guest Speaker on post-holiday weight loss for local radio station WYMG 100.5
- Guest Lecturer for Introduction to Nutrition class at Lincoln Land Community College
Catalina has once claimed that her life mimics the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". She was born in Romania and grew-up in the States, and she plays a delicate tightrope walk in-between the two cultures everyday (but she wouldn't change a minute of it). Since the move from Romania, she has continually moved west, having lived in small towns and big cities alike, finally choosing Portland as her home.
An active person, Catalina spends her spare time hiking, biking and enjoying Oregon's beautiful outdoors. She also enjoys the arts and loves to go dancing, see plays and visit museums.