2bwell Community Health ClinicC
ollective consciousness can change the foundational mosaic of a community. This simply means that if enough people subscribe to the same ideology, the overarching idea will have a greater chance of becoming the reality of that community.
2bwell Community Health Clinic was founded in January of 2012. Our vision is to have a comprehensive Wellness Center which provides affordable care to the un-insured or under-insured, as well as to the general public. Our primary focus is on preventive care and long-term community wellness programs. We are committed to raise awareness about wellness and to fill the need for a community based wellness center in the heart of downtown Portland, OR. Our goal is to provide easy access to address short-term health care needs, as well as long-term wellness planning options.
In order to create a fundamental paradigm shift regarding wellness in our community, we have committed ourselves to providing affordable and ongoing wellness classes, workshops, group treatments, and group therapy options. Examples of these commitments are:
- Diabetes Clinics: Affordable weekly classes and group meetings to offer diabetes awareness and prevention for pre-diabetic population, and nutritional and other treatment options for diabetic patients.
- Hypertension Clinics: Affordable weekly classes and group meetings to offer hypertension awareness and prevention for borderline hypertensive population, as well as nutritional and other treatment options for hypertensive patients.
- Addiction Treatments and Support: Group and individual treatment options for voucher holders qualified through the ATR (Access To Recovery) program. Affordable group and individual addiction and recovery treatment options for the general public.
- Affordable weekly classes to offer Breath Work, Meditation, Relaxation and other natural anti-anxiety treatment options.
- Group and individual acupuncture, naturopathic, chiropractic, and nutritional treatment options with emphasis on long-term wellness planning.
With the current financial state of our health care system in the US, and the new, epidemic rise of conditions like diabetes and hypertension amongst youth, the need for a proactive social wellness movement is immanent. 2bwell is taking a small step in making wellness and preventive medicine a visible, important, yet attainable priority in our community.
We are investing heavily in the future wellness of our community, and we need help from people interested in this concept. We are building a comprehensive clinic in the heart of downtown Portland and will provide all the necessary infrastructure needed to materialize our vision, but we need participants and volunteers to make it a success. While facilitating social missions through a 501(c)(3) exempt organization is an excellent choice for many community based health clinics, we made a conscious decision not to focus on becoming an exempt organization. Instead, 2BWell Community Health Clinic is organized as a social entrepreneurship with projected business related revenue that will support the clinic's operations. Social entrepreneurship is not new. We studied the options for a sustainable business model and feel that there is a growing realization in the community that entrepreneurs are the key to a vibrant economy and to solutions that are badly needed in our society. By choosing not to organize as an exempt organization, 2BWell Community Health Clinic will be free to focus solely on its wellness programs, rather than on meeting the rigid standards applicable to tax exempt organizations and, if the model is a success, to derive its operational support from a steady revenue stream rather than from less predictable and time consuming public fundraising endeavors. As a for-profit corporation with a social mission, 2BWell Community Health Clinic has voluntarily chosen to adhere to certain standards applicable to exempt organizations, such as maintaining transparency with respect to our financial records and organizing a community based advisory board to guide our board of directors.
Please enrich the experience of all the compassionate providers who are donating their time and expertise to serve their community, and enable our patients to experience all the life changing wellness programs offered through 2bwell CHC. We need patient referrals and volunteers, thus we are extending our hands and are asking you to partake in this massive effort to change the Wellness Mosaic of your local community. Please spread the word about 2bwell Community Health Clinic.
Siamak F. Shirazi, LAc, DOM
Founder Director / 2bwell Group
2bwell Community Health Clinic Mission Statement
- To create the right environment to promote community wellness.
- To provide professional and compassionate care to overcome health challenges.
- To be transparent and keep our patients involved during the entire process.
- To promote wellness planning through maintenance and preventive care.
- To promote the importance of proactive and preventative self care.
- To provide care to patients in spite of their financial hardship.
- To promote community wellness by providing educational workshops, group treatments, and sliding scale payment options.
2bwell Community Health Clinic - 2 NW 3rd Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209